West Point

RSS for West Point
Kelly and Army seniors take last shot at Navy

Kelly and Army seniors take last shot at Navy

Best-selling author John Feinstein wrote in his 1997 book “Army vs. Navy, A Civil War” that the Army-Navy Game is classic everyone should see once in their life. Once you’ve crossed off that item on your bucket list, your left feeling gratified with the experience but later...

Army O Lineman Holland fits in as a top recruit at West Point

Army O Lineman Holland fits in as a top recruit at West Point

Army freshman offensive lineman Bryce Holland stands out as a Rivals 3-star recruit in preparation for his first Army-Navy Game on Dec. 13 in Baltimore. “I’m stoked,” Holland said. “I’ve heard about this game my whole life.” Over the years Rivals has been accused of upgrading...

Arm missing but heart intact

Arm missing but heart intact

In sports, heroes, warriors and courage are words thrown around too loosely in an effort to explain that athletics build character. But Capt. Dawn Halfaker (U.S. Army retired), a women’s basketball star at the Army as a West Point cadet from Rancho Bernardo High, lived the...

The Son also Rises for Army and Shafer Swann

The Son also Rises for Army and Shafer Swann

Hall-of-Famer Lynn Swann’s football career at USC and with the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers has taken him to his sport’s grandest stages. Swann has one Rose Bowl win and four Super Bowl victories. He has crisscrossed the continent to venerable stadiums from the Orange Bowl to...

McNary provides NFL and Army advertising they cant buy

McNary provides NFL and Army advertising they cant buy

A USAA commercial aired during the 2013 football season that featured three service academy alums — Army’s Collin Mooney, Navy’s Eric Kettani and Air Force’s Chad Hall — that have served their country as military veterans and now NFL players.They “took the road less traveled,” as...