Notre Dame

RSS for Notre Dame
Prospective doctor on path to Notre Dame

Prospective doctor on path to Notre Dame

On the day Jahmir Smith committed to Notre Dame, the 2,000-yard rusher casually announced it with a Twitter post. He pinned the July 23 message of 74 characters, leaving 66 to spare, to his Twitter page along with four shamrock emojis:“I gave my blood … sweat …...

Notre Dame players back up their coach

Notre Dame players back up their coach

Now that unranked Notre Dame is off to an impressive 1-0 start, let’s give head coach Brian Kelly some straight-talk credit.The coach on the hot seat following a 4-8 season didn’t fall back on the usual coach-speak of wishing for more practice days to be ready...

Notre Dame story lines against Temple

Notre Dame story lines against Temple

Notre Dame hopes its reshaped roster and revamped coaching staff wake up some echoes that might already have been stirred with Notre Dame Stadium’s renovation work. The Irish also need to get head coach Brian Kelly off the hot seat.Notre Dame suffered its first losing season...

Notre Dame game by game predictions

Notre Dame game by game predictions

Here are my game-by-game predictions for Notre Dame’s bounceback season from a dismal 4-8 finish in 2016. The Irish will start quickly, but the schedule is bottom heavy. ... Click here for the rest of my FanRag Sports story ...

Notre Dame leprechaun casts rankings spell

Notre Dame leprechaun casts rankings spell

Oh, that Notre Dame Fighting Irish leprechaun. He’s all of the above: A lucky charm to the Irish faithful, devilish to opposing fans and spell-binding to all of college football.How else to explain the Irish gaining significant vote totals in both the Associated...

Defensive strides from Irish scrimmage

Defensive strides from Irish scrimmage

New Notre Dame Fighting Irish starting quarterback Brandon Wimbush and his teammates arrived dressed in blue T-shirts and gray shorts for a scrimmage open to the public Sunday at Notre Dame Stadium. The dress was casual, but the enthusiasm from fans greeting...

Ara Parseghian outlived his history

Ara Parseghian outlived his history

Ara Parseghian, 94, outlived his history.The College Football Hall of Fame coach who resurrected Notre Dame’s program passed away early Wednesday morning at his home near campus in Granger, Ind., the school announced. ... Click here for the rest of my FanRag Sports...

Notre Dame national title and Heisman droughts

Notre Dame national title and Heisman droughts

It’s been 29 years since Notre Dame last won a national title in 1988. The drought in the Heisman Trophy annals is worse: It’s been 30 since Tim Brown was the Irish’s seventh winner – a total that led the nation at the time.Notre Dame’s faithful are naturally hopeful...

Returning Notre Dame coaches and turnarounds

Returning Notre Dame coaches and turnarounds

We all know Notre Dame needs a bounce-back season, but where to start is another question. History lacks guideposts at a school with a .723 winning percentage covering 1,253 games and 128 seasons.The Irish won their first national title in 1924 under Knute Rockne. In the 93...

My opponent team for Notre Dame

My opponent team for Notre Dame

Notre Dame is playing a part-time Atlantic Coast Conference football schedule, but the five ACC opponents confronting young quarterback Brandon Wimbush represent a full slate of defensive linemen from a league heavy on D-line talent.I came up with a preseason...