Navy

RSS for Navy
Houston welcomes back Greg Ward in win over Navy

Houston welcomes back Greg Ward in win over Navy

Houston won a big game over Navy to set up a bigger date next week. Navy lost a big game, but nevertheless awaits a bigger affair in two weeks.Let me explain how this unique AAC West Division showdown bolstered Houston’s season but didn’t leave Navy empty-handed following the...

Boise State week replaces Army week and Navy week

Boise State week replaces Army week and Navy week

At the Air Force Academy, the football program and surrounding fan support take pride in the old cliché of taking it one game at a time.The Falcons say they are different than Army and Navy, where Cadets shout “Beat Navy” and Midshipmen yell “Beat Army” year-round until their...

College football roundtable

College football roundtable

College football never fails to deliver, does it?Almost predictably at this point, we had another weekend full of great action, an upset or two and a few more crazy finishes. ... Click here for the rest of my Today's U story

Navy QB can break NCAA record if he follows orders

Navy QB can break NCAA record if he follows orders

Maybe this will be the week that Navy senior quarterback Keenan Reynolds breaks the NCAA career record for rushing touchdowns. It depends on whether the future Naval officer obeys head coach Ken Niumatalolo’s orders.Reynolds checked out of a called sneak sent in from the...

Brotherhood means more in service academy football

Brotherhood means more in service academy football

Brotherhood“Brotherhood” is a unity term many college football teams try to foster to account for the difference between a winning and losing season.Some team personalities, though, are unable to grasp the intangible element. At those schools, players throw it around too loosely....

Air Force deserves national stage to rival Army and Navy

Air Force deserves national stage to rival Army and Navy

A couple years ago I asked Air Force coach Troy Calhoun if the Falcons’ mid-season rivalry games with Army and Navy deserved a larger stage.After all, Air Force has taken home the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy’s 20 times since 1982 compared to a combined total of 13 for Army (four)...

Hillside teammates at Navy and JMU give back

Hillside teammates at Navy and JMU give back

DURHAM, N.C. -- Myer Krah and Vad Lee, Durham Hillside teammates and long-time friends, shared a heartfelt desire to pay back their community for a high school experience they say launched their promising futures.Krah, a Navy outside linebacker, and Lee, a James Madison...

Honoring veterans and school volunteers

Honoring veterans and school volunteers

Memorial Day is a good time to remember one of my favorite stories in my career. I wrote it on U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Jimmie E. Howard in 1992. The chance to be in the presence of a Medal of Honor recipient with his medal was inspiring. In 1998, the Navy named a destroyer...

Krah springs into new role on Navy defense

Krah springs into new role on Navy defense

Antonio King’s reaction to Navy’s spring football experiment moving Myer Krah from the secondary to an outside linebacker role known as “striker” was full support. “That’s basically the position he played for us,” said King, the head coach at Durham (N.C.) Hillside, where...

Cardona joins elite company as Navy draft pick

Cardona joins elite company as Navy draft pick

Navy long-snapper Joe Cardona now shares a distinction with two Naval Academy Heisman Trophy winners and another prominent Heisman candidate. The Midshipman is an NFL draft pick. The New England Patriots selected Cardona in the fifth round on the third and final day of the...