College Football

RSS for College Football
Adazzio remains Boston College gain and Florida loss

Adazzio remains Boston College gain and Florida loss

Four seasons later – the last two at Boston College and the previous two at Temple – Florida’s loss has been Boston College’s gain (not to mention Temple’s).Florida passed on promoting offensive coordinator Steve Addazio to succeed his boss, when Urban Meyer took what turned out...

McCaffrey surname adds to Duke chasing Stanford reputation

McCaffrey surname adds to Duke chasing Stanford reputation

Duke football’s upswing continues climbing toward the Stanford bar of national respect for elite academics and winning football. What the Blue Devils need next is a longer run that translates into preseason national rankings they failed to attract in 2015.“Internally, I think...

Sudden QB race will define Florida State season

Sudden QB race will define Florida State season

Florida State’s quarterback heir-apparent identified Sean Maguire last season and throughout spring drills. That is, until Notre Dame transfer Everett Golson showed up on Florida State’s doorstep in mid-May.We’ll have to wait and see if Maguire and Golson support each other as...

Ohio State and Florida State similar but different

Ohio State and Florida State similar but different

Ohio State’s run of victories includes a 2014 national title and 26-of-29 wins the last two seasons.Florida State’s success features a 2013 national title and a superior winning percentage of 27-of-28 games won the last two seasons.Click here for the rest of my TodaysU.com story...

Doeren attracting his type quarterbacks to NC State

Doeren attracting his type quarterbacks to NC State

Dave Doeren established coaching credentials with a type dual-threat quarterback he wanted running the show before he arrived at North Carolina State. That’s how he made the jump with success at Northern Illinois to a Power Five school.And now that Doeren’s third Wolfpack fall...

Pat Narduzzi finds Big Ten fit with Pitt

Pat Narduzzi finds Big Ten fit with Pitt

Former Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi felt close to his roots when he was named the Pitt’s new head coach in late December, recruited in the winter and ran his team through spring drills. Now summer is turning to fall camps. And when the Atlantic Coast...

My 1989 story on Junior Seau and his All American season

My 1989 story on Junior Seau and his All American season

My look back at Junior Seau. He will be the first Samoan enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 8 in Canton, Ohio. I plan to post another story soon with my memories of Junior and thoughts on his brain damage from concussions and his death.Nov. 17, 1989, San Diego...

My 1988 story on Junior Seau and his USC debut

My 1988 story on Junior Seau and his USC debut

My look back at Junior Seau. He will be the first Samoan enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 8 in Canton, Ohio. Check my website later for another story with my thoughts on Junior and the brain damage he suffered from too many concussions.August 13, 1988, San Diego...

Cousins completes every call from TV booth

Cousins completes every call from TV booth

Kirk Cousins, the NFL quarterback and Captain Kirk of Michigan State’s revival seasons, demonstrated again he can command a TV booth while working the Spartans’ Green and White spring game Saturday as a Big Ten Network analyst. What once was considered a treat when Cousins first...

Original satellite camp was Michigan State Underground Railroad

Original satellite camp was Michigan State Underground Railroad

The late Duffy Daugherty, perched above Spartan Stadium for Michigan State’s spring game Saturday, must be chortling over news the Southeastern Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference are upset with Big Ten satellite camps in the South. Daugherty, of course, founded the...