College Football

RSS for College Football
Ohio State should back UNC as North Carolina prepares for Clemson

Ohio State should back UNC as North Carolina prepares for Clemson

North Carolina is Ohio State’s new friend this week. Granted, few Ohio State fans could name a Tar Heels player, but that’s how the College Football Rankings have changed the landscape of the post-season.The No. 14-ranked Tar Heels (11-1, 8-0 ACC Coastal) has talent —...

South Carolina makes Clemson work to maintain stature

South Carolina makes Clemson work to maintain stature

Rivalry football in college is alive and well in the state of South Carolina, but Clemson and quarterback Deshaun Watson may pay for it.The Tigers remained unbeaten and no doubt among the top four teams in the College Football Playoff rankings, if not No. 1 when Tuesday’s updated...

Swinney could use Spurrier humor this week

Swinney could use Spurrier humor this week

Where’s that wise guy Steve Spurrier when you need him?Clemson coach Dabo Swinney could have used Spurrier as a distraction this week with his No. 1-ranked Tigers (11-0) a heavy favorite over South Carolina (3-8) Saturday in Columbia. The Head Ball Coach, who beat Clemson five...

Houston welcomes back Greg Ward in win over Navy

Houston welcomes back Greg Ward in win over Navy

Houston won a big game over Navy to set up a bigger date next week. Navy lost a big game, but nevertheless awaits a bigger affair in two weeks.Let me explain how this unique AAC West Division showdown bolstered Houston’s season but didn’t leave Navy empty-handed following the...

Roundtable discussion on college football playoffs

Roundtable discussion on college football playoffs

We have plenty to be thankful about as college football fans, especially now that we’re in the era of the college football playoff (CFP)The anticipation leading up to the reveal of the initial rankings was palpable and each week since, the ups and downs of the weekly release have...

Thanksgiving thoughts on traditional football weekend

Thanksgiving thoughts on traditional football weekend

Thanksgiving and football have gone together dating back to the late 1800s, so it’s nothing new. But there are always new reasons to give thanks. Here are my 13 football items to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day for the 2015 season.— 1. I’m thankful for traditional college...

Elliott proves not not all college athletes ready to speak up

Elliott proves not not all college athletes ready to speak up

Three days ago, Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott ran out of the Heisman Trophy conversation on his own. His faux pas were poor performance, immature comments and public criticism of his coaches in the aftermath of the Buckeyes’ 17-14 upset loss to Michigan State.After...

Virginia Tech reminds us why we love college football

Virginia Tech reminds us why we love college football

At Virginia Tech, the Hokies showed us what college football can still mean to players and fans alike.They lost a game that was important to send out Coach Frank Beamer a winner in his final home game despite a disappointing season. When they lost in overtime to North Carolina,...

Temple reminds AAC the Owls still in running

Temple reminds AAC the Owls still in running

I’m watching Temple thoroughly handle Memphis while at the same time noticing an ESPN ticker scroll across the bottom of the screen including reports of schools lined up to hire Memphis coach Justin Fuente away from the Tigers.Funny there was no mention of anyone trying to hire...

Clemson needs to pummel Wake Forest

Clemson needs to pummel Wake Forest

You can count on Clemson rolling up big numbers against Wake Forest Saturday at Memorial Stadium. The reasons are simple:On Oct. 3, Clemson was fortunate to survive a Notre Dame comeback with a 24-22 victory in the rain at home. ... Click here for the rest of my Today's U...