ACC

RSS for ACC
Cutcliffe on the improving state of the ACC

Cutcliffe on the improving state of the ACC

You only need to listen to Duke coach David Cutcliffe speak to recognize his southern roots are in the deep south and Southeastern Conference rather than his current ACC and Durham, N.C., residences.His accent tells you as much as his bio. ...Click here for the rest of my...

Five bold predictions for the ACC include Stephen Colbert

Five bold predictions for the ACC include Stephen Colbert

Atlantic Coast Conference officials need a new champion to carry the conference banner. Florida State has been devaluing the ACC currency for too long.Off the field, players running amok have created SEC-like baggage.Click here for my Todaysu.com story on ACC predictions.

McCaffrey surname adds to Duke chasing Stanford reputation

McCaffrey surname adds to Duke chasing Stanford reputation

Duke football’s upswing continues climbing toward the Stanford bar of national respect for elite academics and winning football. What the Blue Devils need next is a longer run that translates into preseason national rankings they failed to attract in 2015.“Internally, I think...

Sudden QB race will define Florida State season

Sudden QB race will define Florida State season

Florida State’s quarterback heir-apparent identified Sean Maguire last season and throughout spring drills. That is, until Notre Dame transfer Everett Golson showed up on Florida State’s doorstep in mid-May.We’ll have to wait and see if Maguire and Golson support each other as...

Pat Narduzzi finds Big Ten fit with Pitt

Pat Narduzzi finds Big Ten fit with Pitt

Former Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi felt close to his roots when he was named the Pitt’s new head coach in late December, recruited in the winter and ran his team through spring drills. Now summer is turning to fall camps. And when the Atlantic Coast...

Original satellite camp was Michigan State Underground Railroad

Original satellite camp was Michigan State Underground Railroad

The late Duffy Daugherty, perched above Spartan Stadium for Michigan State’s spring game Saturday, must be chortling over news the Southeastern Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference are upset with Big Ten satellite camps in the South. Daugherty, of course, founded the...